Saturday, November 24, 2012

My New Job

After I graduated from Texas State this past May, I applied for one job and had a phone interview that didn't go any further.  I was mostly focused on wedding planning which took up much of my time.  I also had the thought that starting a new job right before departing for a week long honeymoon would probably not put me in the new employer's good graces.

Flash forward to post-wedding life, I have been applying for the jobs I'm qualified for and was asked to interview for one a little over a week ago.  I haven't interviewed in person for a job in about six and a half years (the amount of time I've been working at Sam's).  I bought a special professional outfit and professional purse, I practiced answering interview questions, and I thought I was ready.  I was so nervous and feel like I didn't do as well as I could have.  Afterwards, I was thinking it would be amazing if I got the job, but there was probably someone that interviewed much better than I did.

Five days later, my phone was ringing with the number of the person that interviewed me and I immediately thought, "It's so nice that they are calling to tell me I didn't get the job, I was thinking they would just send an email."  Instead, they offered me the job!  It was definitely one of my top ten most awesome days ever.  As soon as I got off the phone, I had uncontrollable happy tears.  I immediately called my husband to share my happiness.  Then, knowing I had to be at work soon, I started writing my resignation letter.  It was a very weird feeling, knowing that I would soon be ending my time at a job I have held for six and a half years with people I see for 30 hours out of every week.  I don't think it will really be real for me until I start my new job.

I couldn't be happier.  First, I graduated from what seemed like an endless school going career.  Then, I married my best friend and soul mate.  Now, I'm starting a career with a wonderful company doing something I already love to do.  I'm finally getting my grown-up, 8:00 to 5:00, Monday through Friday job.  Life is amazing!

1 comment:

  1. What wonderful news! Congratulations on your new purse, big girl job and big girl life!

    ReplyDelete